Sunshine Recovery Center utilizes the Matrix Model approach which is a cognitive behavioral therapy that utilizes motivational interviewing, contingency management, family education, relapse prevention and latest information on brain chemistry. The Matrix Model provides a framework for engaging addict’s who have a long history of stimulant abuse to achieve abstinence. The matrix model teaches tools critical to prevent future relapse. Client’s receive direction and support from a trained therapist, become familiar with self-help programs and are monitored for drug use.
The program includes education for family members affected by the addiction. The Matrix Model promotes one’s self-esteem, dignity, and self-worth. We focus on family educational groups, early relapse analysis and social support groups. The Matrix has a number of central therapeutic constructs. These include:
- Establishing a positive and collaborative relationship with the client
- Creating explicit structure and expectations
- Teaching psycho-educational information (including information on brain chemistry and other research derived clinically relevant knowledge.)
- Introducing and applying of cognitive-behavioral concepts
- Positively reinforcing desired behavioral change
- Educating family members regarding the expected course of recovery
- Introducing and encouraging self-help participation
The treatment is a directive, non-confrontational approach focusing on current issues and behavior change.
Rules of the Program
It is our intention to provide a safe, therapeutic environment for the motivated individual to begin a process of recovery from the substance abuse. The following behaviors are considered a threat to the recovery process and will be dealt with as such, possibly leading to discharge from the program:
WE ACCEPT ADMISSIONS 24/7
We encourage you to call our FREE 24/7 Helpline today.
All donations will go directly towards providing substance abuse treatment for individuals in need.